Do you find it challenging to grow strong, healthy nails? Although it may look unachievable, the truth is that by making some lifestyle changes, and by using the right products you can actually get those beautiful, dreamy nails you have always wanted.
How do you know if you have healthy nails?
Nails are made of layers of the protein keratin and grow from the base of the nail. When new cells grow, your nails will become hard and pushed towards your fingertips. Your nails protect your fingers and toes.
There are a few ways to know whether you have healthy nails or not:
- Smooth nails
- No ridges and grooves
What can cause weak nails?
It is common for nails to weaken and split or break. Let’s explore some of the reasons why nails could become brittle:
- Age – As people age, nails can become thinner and dull.
- Iron deficiency – A lack of iron causes low red blood cell levels, which can cause weak and brittle nails.
- Hypothyroidism – Not only can hypothyroidism cause weak and brittle nails, but it can cause weight gain, hair loss, and depression.
- Raynaud’s syndrome – This is severe circulation problems that can affect the health of your nails.
- Lack of nutrients – When your body lacks certain nutrients, your nails can weaken, causing tears and chips.
Another common cause of dry nails is a lack of moisture caused by washing and drying your hands and fingernails. Also, if you use cleaners such as household cleaners and detergents, it can affect nail strength.
How to Grow Stronger Nails – 5 Simple Tips for Natural Longer Nails
1.Getting moisture back
Putting moisture back into your nails is a great way to grow stronger nails. The Hard as Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream is a proven formula that will condition and strengthen your cuticles. Your nails get conditioned with calcium, vitamins, and hydrogenated jojoba oil to prevent cracks, peels, and chips!
When possible, try to wear gloves to prevent your nails from getting wet and then drying repeatedly.
2.Change Your Diet and Grow Stronger Nails
Let’s face it, eating healthy can be difficult, but living a healthy lifestyle can grow stronger nails.
Foods that are rich in nutrients:
- Fish – Salmon, tuna, white fish, and crab are great sources of protein that will help to strengthen your nails. Avoid fish that have high mercury levels because they can weaken your nails.
- Almonds – Almond nuts have plenty of magnesium, protein, and zinc, which will help to strengthen your nails in no time!
- Hemp seeds – Hemp seeds are full of magic! They contain biotin, protein, selenium, magnesium, and high in omega 3 fats. Add a tablespoon to a smoothie or yogurt, and voila!
- Sweet potatoes – Filled with Vitamin A and beta-carotene, sweet potatoes strengthen the collagen and elastin in your skin and nails. These delicious potatoes also reduce stress, so relax and reap the many benefits.
- Eggs – High in biotin, protein, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Omega 3 fats, eggs have many health benefits, including helping you grow strong nails.
3.Avoid Biting Your Nails
Many kids who bite their nails never grow out of it. You might be one of them. Let’s be real; it is a hard habit to break. A common solution to avoiding biting your nails is to try a nail-biting deterrent. The Onyx Professional “stop the bite” nail-biting and thumb-sucking deterrent can work for you!
This product is completely harmless and has a bitter taste to prevent you from putting your fingers in your mouth. The special formula will stimulate nail growth and keep your nails strong and healthy. The Onyx Professional nail-biting detergent can also get applied as a base coat or a topcoat. You can get rid of your nail-biting today, and it’s safe for both adults and kids to use.
4.Adopt Daily Nail Care (it only takes a few minutes):
What is your nail care routine? Do you have a healthy nail care routine? As you care for your hair and skin each day, so should you care for your nails.
Step 1: Wash your hands and dry your fingernails well.
Step 2: File your nails. Choose a shape that you wish to file your nails. Once you notice any splitting, chips, or uneven nails, file them with a nail file. Metal files can tear your natural nails, so use a soft nail file.
Step 3: Buff your nails to give them a shine and show off your nail shape.
Step 4: Apply the OPI ProSpa manicure and cuticle oil. Cuticles will feel softer and smoother. The ProSPA is rich in grape seed, sesame, sunflower, kukui, and cupuaçu oils to provide maximum moisture!
Step 5: Rub the Hard as Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream into your nails once the ProSpa has absorbed into the cuticles. Apply the cream to your nail bed, cuticles, and underneath the nail tip up to three times per day. Expect your nails to strengthen within the first week! You can even use it over your nail polish.
Lastly, apply the OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener treatment. Containing protein and calcium, this award-winning nail strengthening product will help your nails grow stronger, longer, and harder! You apply the Envy Nail treatment as a base coat before applying nail polish.
5.Take Care to Grow Strong Nails
Love your nails and take special care of them. Having a good nighttime routine is an excellent way to protect your nails from chips, cracks, and tears. Eat foods that are rich in protein, collagen, and zinc to grow stronger nails!
If you are still biting your nails, try the Onyx Professional “stop the bite” to deter you from biting and get your nails where you want them to be.
Get the moisture back in your nails and try the Hard as Hoof Nail Strengthening Cream – you won’t regret it. Your cuticles will be at their best in no time! Apply the OPI ProSpa manicure and cuticle oil twice a day for added protection and strengthen your nails!